It’s been shown that stress on and off the job costs US employers enormously in reduced productivity, accidents, compensation claims, absenteeism, employer turnover, health insurance, and medical expenses.
The American Psychological Association (APA) reports that:
- Stress leads to adverse physical symptoms in forty-three percent of adults.
- Stress-related symptoms are reported in two-thirds of all visits to family physicians.
- Stress is linked to serious illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and lung ailments, and has been implicated in accidents and suicide.
A Survey by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reports that:
- 40% of American workers say their jobs are stressful.
- 25% of American workers see their jobs as the number one stressor in their lives.
- 29% of American workers feel “quite a bit” or “extremely stressed” at work.
- Even more than financial or family problems, job stress is strongly associated with health complaints.
Imagine your employees having the chance each week to reduce their stress and learn practical techniques for staying healthy.
And imagine how appreciative they would be to know their employer cares about their well being.
Contact us today to discuss a customized wellness program for your workforce.
After all, aren’t your employees worth it?